Tuesday 22 February 2011

Depping for Pan and the Poets

Hi gang,

Just a quick note to say that I'll be depping on bass for Pan and the Poets as and when they need me. I've known Luke and Andy since school, and I've always enjoyed their shows when I've gone to see them, so being in a position like this is absolutely great, thanks guys.

A bit more explaination, for those of you who are interested: Pan and the Poets seem to be in a situation where they have a revolving door for band members; it's hard enough to hold a 6/7-piece band together at the best of times, and with work and other commitments they're finding it hard to hold on to a regular bass player or guitar player. Rather than search for a permanent replacement for anybody, they appear to be sticking with Toby as their "official" bass player, and Jack (their old bass player) and I helping out if he's unavailable. I'll also be available to help them out on guitar if need be, though they have played without a guitar player in the past and are prepared to do so again. As for any contribution to the music of the band, I don't think it's part of the plan, but if it comes up it comes up and as long as they give me any songwriting credit due and any royalties they receive (here's to hoping!) I'll be happy to get involved with that. I don't think I'll be contributing any lyrics though.

So if you're planning to come to any future shows, be very careful which one you're coming to, because if it's a Poets gig, I won't be playing any of my own material!

See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment