Thursday 22 December 2011

16/12/2011

Just a quick one...

Aki Maera played a gig at a hall in Penkridge who's name I can't remember at this point. It was the same set list as before; we hadn't had time to rehearse again or iron out the previous identified faults, and the only real difference to the procedings - including all the delays - was the fact that I broke my A string half way through In The Attic. To be honest this was my fault as it had been nearly 2 years since I last changed the things, I should never have allowed that to happen and I know it.

More than that though, the band just weren't feeling it. I guess, with some semblance of sound management, we sounded better than we did at the Wheat Sheaf a couple of weeks before. But we didn't come away from this one feeling anywhere near as good as we did after that. All bands have a bad gig at some point and the onus will be on us to make sure it doesn't happen again, but as I said before, we have got a lot of work to do before we get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment